11.01.2015

It's That Time Of Year Again...

It's that time of year again. No, not sweater weather. I live in Louisiana. There is only one day a year that it is cold enough to wear a sweater. No, not the end of daylight savings time. Although we did just experience the wonderful Fall Back event, that's not what I'm talking about. No, not crank up the fireplace season. I wish I could. I've needed to get my chimney swept for several years, and I'm too embarrassed to admit how many. Have you ever seen what smoke will do when it has nowhere to go but back up into your living room? Not a pretty sight.

If you guessed Christmas cookie baking time, then you guessed right. It happens every year. The weather turns cooler (notice I didn't say colder), the leaves fall, the trick or treaters have come and gone, and my children say, "Mom, will you bake us some cookies?"

I baked my first batch tonight. Here's the link to the recipe from Betty Crocker:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/classic-peanut-butter-blossom-cookies/a3563f6e-96b0-443f-ae0a-53cef4be6db6



Pre-bake


Post-bake
My cookies didn't turn out exactly like the picture on the website. Truthfully, my attempts at baking never do look like the recipe picture. :( 

I had a couple of accidents after I took them out of the oven. Two of the precious little darlings slid right off the spatula and landed on the counter. They were delicious.

I miss the days when a person could eat cookie dough right out of the bowl. Not any longer. Too much risk of ingesting the salmonella virus.

You know what? I'm going to Google eggless cookie dough. A gal's gotta have something to do after she types The End on her next release.

If you have a favorite cookie recipe, please share it with me. I'm always looking for something new to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments. I love hearing from my readers and appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...